Monday, October 3, 2016

God Sightings

A lot of people, teenagers and adults alike, struggle with seeing God in their every day lives. And they feel like God shows up only in miracles and prayer, or only in the Bible. God most definitely shows up in all those things! But, there is another way to see God, a more simpler way, and it is my favorite way to see God in my everyday life.

God shows up in small little things every single day that sometimes in our self-centeredness or stress we miss. You just have to look and you will see his love shining through your bad day or good day alike. An example?

Here's one of my God Sightings: In the car, sometimes we would pass a huge, empty field. And in this field, in the distance, there would be a pack of wild turkeys! Yes… turkeys. Those brown birds we eat at Thanksgiving. But these turkeys weren't about to be eaten, they were just wandering around searching for food and being the cute little birds they are. And me, nicknamed "Pocahontas" in my house for being an animal and nature lover, yelled, "God Sighting!!!" And my mom who is a God Sighting professional, agreed with me, laughing.

You see? God knows exactly what makes me happy. He knows exactly how to brighten my day and show me his love through small and simple things! One more example!

This is Habersham, AKA Habby, my new French Bulldog puppy we've had for over a month now. Talk about a 24/7 God Sighting! When I wake up in the mornings and come into the kitchen where he usually is, his head snaps in my direction, his ears go back in excitement and he takes off at a full sprint straight towards me, proceeding to jump on me and lick me all over as I swoop him up into my arms. He recognizes me and knows I've just woken up and he LOVES to tell me good morning. I've never seen anyone more happy to see me in my life, LOL.

So, when little Habby comes to greet me every morning I automatically feel God's love! And there are so many other ways to feel His love during the day. A sweet text or nice hug from a friend, a butterfly flying near you, your pets being sweet, your parents complimenting you, a good grade on a test, a sunny day, a rainy day, and on goes the list! Even when you've had an awful day, I guarantee God has been trying to get your attention, you just have to open your eyes and see. Those little things, we may think, are just coincidence or good luck. But when I drive by and see those turkeys, I don't think that's a coincidence. Not at all, I believe God put those turkeys there for me to look at and appreciate what He has created.

It begins small. You have to look closely even though his love is there right in your face all day. It can be hard to see God's love sometimes but I promise, if you just pray and ask him to reveal his love to you, your eyes will be opened to see it! So, I encourage you, look for God Sightings through your week. I promise you, you will feel so loved and happy once you see all the things God does to show you his unending love for you! ~Maddie~

"LOVE is the one word that fully encompasses God's Nature."
-Kenneth Copeland

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic and true!!! I feel that way so often when I look at the sky! It amazes me. I feel like a three year old with how excited I get :-). Thank you for sharing... can't wait to read this to my girls! Xoxox Ms. VJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you said that God shows us His beauty and unfailing love even on bad days. It's challenging me to look for God's blessings every single moment of my life! I love this one, Maddie!!

    ReplyDelete