Thursday, March 16, 2017

To Whom It May Concern...


"I'm fine" or "I'm good" is an expression that is an automatic reply for most people.We don't want to tell people what we are actually going through or what's actually going on in our lives. To be real for a second, is anyone actually being honest when they answer the question, "How are you?". Being a human being means there is going to be change, hurt, fear, loss, anxiety, etc. 

In students and adults alike, it is common to see them "shut down" emotionally when they are going through something hard and hurtful. They aren't completely honest with the people around them and they begin to "disappear". I'm not judging anyone when I say this because...I do it too. Really this post is something I struggle with as well.

I've been going through a situation recently that's life-changing and difficult. And I didn't want to talk to anyone about it. After a few weeks, months even, I began to see myself transition into this melancholy and quiet person. I wasn't depressed, I just was more solemn and anxious. I noticed this interesting change in my character and decided to find out what it was. With the Lord's (and my dad's) help, it hit me. I was suppressing my feelings, tucking them away, not talking to anyone about how I was feeling. Honestly, I wasn't even talking to the Lord about my situation! #fail

Sometimes when we are going through the storms of life we don't want to talk about because we are afraid to cry or we are angry. Or... we don't know WHO to talk to. Maybe we even think we have no one.

The point is, there is always somebody. The Lord wants us to talk to him about everything. Your struggles, your fears, your dreams, your joys. You can't see him there, but for me, I can feel him with me. 

I recently got prophesied over, and in this prophesy the Pastor told me that the Lord is saying to me, "My hand is on you." This was exactly what I needed at the time. I pictured myself, my problems and fears in front of me and Jesus putting his hand on my shoulder saying, "I have you." 

No matter what you're going through, the Lord already knows and he is for you. He is always by our side through every good situation and bad one. 

Now, whenever I begin to feel worried or sad, I immediately journal it down in my Prayer Journal, pray, or talk to my parents about it. Expressing your feelings is one of the best medicines out there. The relief of getting your emotions and thoughts out in the open can help you heal and give you peace.

"For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying unto you, Fear not; I will help you." - Isaiah 43:13

6 comments:

  1. Wow Madds! Keeping my feelings inside is definitely something I can struggle with too! So thank you so much for this post and for reminding me that I can ALWAYS bring all my questions, comments or concerns to God, because he cares SO DEEPLY for me and he is in even the littlest details of my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I read this at the PERFECT time, Maddie!! It was as if you were speaking straight to me! I love that picture of Jesus saying, "I have you". It's an awesome reminder that I can and should go right to God with my fears and anxieties and brokenness because He can handle everything I'm stressing out about. :) I loved this post, Maddie! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic word! Thank you for the transparency!!!! Love you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddie thank you once again for being real and transparent with tough issues. It takes a lot of courage to do so. This is a much needed post that we all needed reminding of. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddie this is amazing and so true. I'm so proud of you for your openness and honesty. I can totally relate to what you shared. And I can definitely see Gods hand on you! You are a treasure and so special. How you carry yourself and walk through tough seasons is admirable. Your awareness and relationship with Jesus is beautiful!! Sure miss seeing your pretty smile at church!! Love Tracy Briscoe

    ReplyDelete