Saturday, September 3, 2016

Meet Hannah Banana (Q&A)

Name: Hannah Peters

Age/Grade: I’m 15 years old and I’m in 10th grade!

School/fav subject/least fav subject: I’m homeschooled but my family and I do a homeschooling program called Classical Conversations. We have a class-day every Friday and we get a ton of homework to complete during the rest of the week. My favorite subject is Literature and Writing. My least favorite would be Latin. No need to say why. Haha!

Favorite Color: Blue.

Favorite Book: Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris, The Bronze Bow and The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare, To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot, and all the Narnia books by C.S Lewis.

Favorite Movie: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I always joke that I grew up in Narnia and I have a fake British accent to prove it!

Favorite Quote: “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” –Jim Elliot. I LOVE the Elliot’s story!! This quote sums up Jim Elliot’s life mission and it inspires me so much!

Favorite Song: OOH this is an extremely tough one! I have so many favorites but I would have to say "Ever Be" by Bethel Music.

Favorite Bible Verse: Can I say that I love ALL the verses in the Bible?? Haha but if I had to pick I would say Isaiah 40:28-31, Psalm 23:1, Jeremiah 29:11, or James 4:7-8

Favorite food: A year ago I would have answered, “Anything that involves bread or pasta” but ever since I became gluten-free because of severe joint pain (believe it or not, removing gluten from my diet REALLY and COMPLETELY took away my pain!)…I can’t eat the bread or pastas I used to eat. If made with gluten-free soy sauce (yes, there is gluten in soy sauce) I LOVE Chinese food!!!!

Something that grosses you out: SPIDERS. Especially the giant ones with the eight-million eyes.

Something goofy about yourself: I like the smell of wood, dry-erase markers, and hand sanitizer.

Three things you love: reading, writing, dancing

Bad habit: Interrupting…I tend to forget that somebody else is talking when something exciting pops into my mind. It’s a TERRIBLE habit that I need to break!!

Three things you’re thankful for: God and His unconditional love for me, my amazing family and friends, my youth group!

Something you do only when you are with those you are closest to: Sing! Loud and proud! HAHA! I do NOT sing in public and it’s something I only do with my family.

Morning or night person: After the initial struggle to get out of bed, I do pretty well in the morning. I love the mornings when it’s just getting light and when I can get some work done before the rest of my siblings wake up.

Something on your bucket list: To write a book! I LOVE writing and I’ve always wanted to publish my own book!

The scariest thing you’ve had to do: Dance a ballet solo en pointe for my recital. It was also one of the most exciting things I’ve done, but boy, was I scared beforehand!

Something you love about your family: I love that we guard our family-time. We make an intentional effort to get together and spend quality time together whether we’re watching a family TV show or playing a board game together.

Someone you admire and why: BESIDES my parents and my siblings and my friends, I really admire Meghan Johnson. She’s one of the leaders in our youth group and I love her so much! She always has a smile on her face and she’s always reaching out to me! She has prayed multiple times for me and every time I’m amazed at her gift of discernment and intercession. Thank you Mrs. Meghan, for being who you are to me!!

One of your major pet peeves: When people smack or slurp their food at the table.

How many kids you envision yourself having: I’ll have as many kids as God tells me to! But I’d want to have at least three I think…probably more!

What would you do if you could do one thing to change the world right now: I’d give everyone-and I mean everyone-a chance to hear about God’s gift of salvation for us and I’d give everyone a chance to hear these words, “God loves you.”

Obsession: CHILDREN. I love watching kids just be kids! I love when they say the craziest, cutest things!!

Something you can’t do but you wish you could: I wish I could act. I’ll look back on old movies my siblings and I had made when we were younger and I can only laugh at my terrible acting! I would never ever make it in the filming world!

Something you love about your parents: Wow. I love sooo many things about my parents but something that first pops into mind is their undying devotion to the Lord and to each other. They LOVE to laugh and they inspire me in so many ways. I hope that I grow up seeking the Lord like they do. I couldn’t ask for greater parents!!!

3 comments:

  1. To write and publish a book is like number one on my bucket list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To write and publish a book is like number one on my bucket list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's awesome, Candace!! We could co-author a book one day! :)

    ReplyDelete