Saturday, September 3, 2016

Q&A with Kenna

Name: McKenna Brooks

Age/Grade: 16 years old, 11th grade

School/fav subject/least fav subject: I go to Harvest Community School and I don't really have a favorite or least favorite subject, but I guess I'm more of a natural in the English/Fine Arts area, whereas I have to work a lot harder at math and science.

Favorite Color and WHY: Orange because it's bright and smiley :)

Favorite Book: Besides the bible!?! Haha, Hmm... I really love the Chronicles of Narnia and the Giver Series and the Lord of the Rings books (which I'm currently reading)

Favorite Movie: Ok, get ready for this...
Pacific Rim
Pirates of the Caribbean
Despicable Me
Narnia
Peter Pan
The Lion King
The Hobbit
Lord of the Rings

Favorite Quote: "To live will be an awfully big adventure." ~Peter Pan

Favorite Song: That's so hard... the first one that comes to mind is Sinking Deep by Hillsong Young and Free

Favorite Bible Verse: Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you an not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Favorite food: GOSH! ICE CREAM! MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM! Haha! And pizza. Pizza's great. (So sorry! I apologize to you gluten free gals out there! *cough Hannah and Madison*) I also LOVE salmon, Mac n cheese... and basically all fruits and veggies!

Something goofy about yourself: I smell everything, count how long it takes to fill up my water bottles and only eat things in even numbers

Three fun things you LOVE: laughing, crafting and dancing

Bad habit: standing with my back swayed

Three things you’re thankful for: my family, my church and my toilet

Something silly you do only when you are with those you are closest to (like family): So there's a McKenna and there's a CRAZY McKenna. The CRAZY McKenna is the one who makes weird noises, talks in silly voices and calls her Daddy "Faja"... she's always in there but few people get to see her in action on a regular basis, besides her best friends and family.

Morning or night person: Umm... definitely not morning... kinda ish night... I'm more of like a right after lunch person! HAHA!

Something on your bucket list: try on a pair of Nike pointe shoes

Weird obsessions: hand sanitizer, orange juice, little children and bicycles

Something you love about your family: I love the fact that we love each other and love to have fun together

The most embarrassing thing that happened you: Well... there was the time I was the only elementary child out of 300 honor choir kids who accidentally belted out part of our choral song when I was supposed to only be listening to the conductor sing it... THEN there was the time I was trying to park my mom's car one morning at school and crashed, only to find out that these two twin boys in my class saw the whole thing!

Someone you admire and why: Jim Elliot because (1) I'm kinda in a Jim Elliot craze right now, and (2) because what he did as a missionary in Ecuador and the boldness and faith in God he showed all his life never ceases to inspire me! I hope God uses my life to do incredible things just like he did with Jim Elliot and his family!

One of your major pet peeves: walking into the bathroom to find the toilet hasn't been flushed

Something that grosses you out: dog pee and the sound of a person filing their nails

How many kids you envision yourself having (ratio of boys, girls etc): I've decided I want 5... I have no idea how many girls vs boys but I DO want my boys to have golden curls and I'm going to name one of them Gabriel.

If you could do one thing to change the world right now, what would it be: I wish everyone knew how loved they are by their Heavenly Father.

Something silly/embarrassing you remember doing as a little kid: My mom always talks about the time my Grammy took me to the store once when I was little... I brought my baby doll with me and every two seconds I would hurl her onto the ground then run and pick her back up all motherly and go "OH HONEEEEY!"

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to name one of my boys Gabriel one day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no way!!! That's amazing! I don't know, but I've just always LOVED that name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. McKenna-there are so many things I learned about you from this post. I think my favorite is the last answer about you throwing the baby on the ground and crying, "Oh HONEEEY"! My sisters and I were laughing about that one for awhile! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha- I know right! It's hilarious! My mom talks about that story ALL THE TIME! Then of course, and I didn't mention this story, but my mom said one time my Grammy took me shopping or out to eat or something, and she let me try some of her soda for the first time, and with my very first every taste of soda I made this face and went, "Oooooo! That's SPICY!"

    ReplyDelete